Friday, June 6, 2008

The hosts and the judges



The hosts - Prem and Jules

Prem, despite his Tupac Shakur exterior (that's what he claims); in actual fact he looks more like one of the Koopa Troopa warriors in the Super Mario Brothers video game; he's funny, loud and very laid-back. His unusual out-of-the-world antics make people notice his presence. He's a person with a big heart and a lava-warm personality. He's your buddy/hommie/brother, your 'macha', Prem!



Judges



Natalie Knise

I was born in Berlin, Germany, but 'cultured' in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I can't speak a word of German, but I can do pretty well when it comes to ordering food in Cantonese and Malay. I lived in Germany for 5 years before I moved to sunny Malaysia, soon after that, I was packing my bags again and heading to England, only to return again to Kuala Lumpur after two years.

I'm 23 years old, and I adore the beach, the sun, and holidaying anywhere. I can sit for hours watching TV, DVDs, hogging the controls on the playstation, board games with friends, shopping and spending loads of money buying the latest gadgets. I also have a secret and rather embarrassing obsession; I get excited doing laundry…

My iPod is packed with Royksopp, Telepopmusik, Esthero, Zero 7, Glenn Lewis, India Arie, Jill Scott, Angie Stone, Coldplay, Stereophonics, The Cardigans, Daft Punk, Benassi, Paul Van Dyk, Groove Armada, No Doubt, Morcheeba, Nina Simone, Nirvana, Tiesto, RHCP, Incubus, Buddha Bar and Café Del Mar chillout remixes.

Something I get asked a lot is, how I got into radio. There wasn't a deep-down driving passion to talk into a microphone to yourself, but somehow, I just got lucky and stumbled into it. It was never my dream, but I guess deep down somewhere, it might have been, but I definitely do not regret a single minute of it.




Michael Voon

Rojak MXV Bio: 1. Graduated in Performing Arts-Dance, Graphic Communications & Fine Arts from Colorado, USA. 2. Lectured for the last 17 years in digital/graphic design, dance, choreography and performing arts nationally with works internationally featured in the USA, France and Australia. 3. Recent works were: choreographing a McD TVC, facilitated in Digi's Amazing Malaysians, as pre-judge/choreographer for the So You Think You Can Dance reality show, performed in Times Square NYC, coached actors in Popiah Pictures' Realiti TV drama, choreographed for the soon-to-be-released Susuk the Movie, choreographed or performed in TV Ads such as Munchys, Mamee with Akademi Fantasia, GA Blues and Streamyx Informercials. MXV was the dancing BlueHyppo on Streamyx TV ads. Acted and performed in more than 100 stage and TV productions for the last 30 years and NO movies yet. 4. Currently lectures at Sunway University College and coaches 8-Unit artistes such as Jaclyn Victor, Daniel Lee Chee Hun, Malaysian Idols, One in a Million and Project Superstar artistes. Fifth year as a dance judge for Kakiseni's Cameronian Awards.




Shaz Mukhtar aka Beyoncit

Apakah yang akan anda ucapkan sekiranya diberi peluang berucap pada perhimpunan sekolah lama anda?
Saya akan memberi suatu ucapan kepada semua pelajar yang mereka boleh “achieve” apa yang mereka impikan. Semua akan jadi kenyataan!

Kekecewaan masa lampau yang telah anda atasi ialah...
Errr…dulu tak boleh cakap bahasa Malaysia…tapi sekarang boleh ler sikit sikit!

Perkara paling nakal yang pernah anda lakukan di sekolah dulu…
Saya seorang yg baik… diidami ramai cikgu-cikgu! Apa la soalan nie..

Buku cerita/novel apakah yang MESTI remaja baca sebelum meningkat dewasa?
Err…buku? Err…Gila-Gila! Atau Ujang.

Siapakah superhero yang menjadi idola anda sewaktu zaman kanak-kanak dulu?
Superman…saya bayangkan saya macam dia! Hahah…

No comments: